Our Mission: Impacting Youth and Families by listening, defining goals and being positive.
Family Patterns Matter
Founded in 2013, in Coweta County Georgia, the board of directors made a decision to be a youth based development organization. How does this work? By working with parents and other adults in a child’s life. The board of directors, working together with those in our community designed a strategic plan that looks at barriers our families and youth are facing that prevent success. Looking at generational patterns in families, we look for solutions to the issues that prevent them from success.
What is Youth In Action? And why is it important?
- A critical part of a child’s life is having a supportive caregiving system.
- Children living in poverty often lack quality schools, transportation and safe places to play.
- Youth involved with the dept. of Juvenile Justice, living in public housing, single parent family are at-risk for failing life.
- Reading at grade level, graduating high school on the job training, technical or college plans are goals.
- Program is designed to enhance learning through music, art, dance, money management, cooking healthy and outside field trips.
Family Patterns Matter believes that listening to youth we will gain insight and be instrumental in finding effective solutions to address family issues in addition to shaping our society with more conscientious, collaborative and caring people.
Our Focus: Our Youth and Families How do we make a difference?
- Youth In Action: Brings pre-teen and teen perspectives in defining issues that impact their life.
- The Truth of the Troubled teen: “Youth Offenders” asks the tough questions facing all of us. What is the dynamic of the family where gangs, drugs, violence and school drop- out occurs? Can a generational issue seen in these families be the cause? Or the social contacts they make? Is there a solution to end the cycle?
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren is a growing family dynamic. Listening to the grandparent and the child gives insight into the dynamics and need for support.
- Education Matters: Making the choice to stay in school.
Information can be found at www.stopbullying.gov.