About Family Patterns Matter
Founded in 2013, in Coweta County Georgia, the board of directors made a decision to be a youth based development organization. The board of directors, peopled with successful professional community leaders designed a strategic plan for success. The purpose is in defining generational patterns in families to allow for positive results so the next generation has the opportunity to thrive. How by hearing and responding to not only our youth but the adults in their life.
- The goal is to allow youth ages 10-16 years, 4th, 5th, 6th, middle and high school students, to come together in a safe environment to determine what problems they see influencing their peers. The Youth Advisory Board was formed (YAB). YAB along with adult facilitators will define the problem patterns, create action plans to address these problems and then implement programs to monitor and adapt. YAB joins together to educate, fund, facilitate, mentor and collaborate with other youth.
- The key to the success of YAB is the investment of time by the adult facilitator/mentors who provide wisdom and experience to research, planning and the implementation of each project identified.
- Family Patterns Matter, Inc. (FPM) provides a number of resources to develop individual, personal, professional and social skills. From leadership and ethics to critical thinking and time management, we will enable, equip and motivate our youth to recognize unhealthy lifestyle patterns. The outcome is making healthy choices with positive impacts at home, school and in the community.
- For success to happen, the adults in a child’s life must be included in the goals for success.
Family Patterns Matter believes that investing in youth programs to help other youth will build a more effective solution in family issues in addition to shaping our society with more conscientious, collaborative and caring people.
Our Focus: Our Youth
- Youth Advisory Board: Brings pre-teen and teen perspectives in defining issues that impact their life.
- “Not Damaged Goods” brings a foster child’s outlook on being loved. A loving home in the right environment brings positive change.
- A.S.P.I.R.E.S. is the organization that is a resource and education non-profit the helps to better understand the needs of children who are in the Autism Spectrum.
- The truth of the troubled teen: “Youth Offenders” asks the tough questions facing all of us. What is the dynamic of the family where gangs, drugs, violence and school drop- out occurs? Can a generation issue seen in these families be the cause? Or the social contacts they make? Is there a solution to end the cycle?
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren is a growing family dynamic. Listening to the grandparent and the child gives insight into the dynamics and need for support.
- Education Matters: Making the choice to stay in school.
We partner with stopbullying.gov.